Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm a writer, not a lover"

*Found this from an old blog in 2007 and edited it it it it.*

When I recite love poems to you...

Do my love poems leave you with questions?
And if so, are any of those questions:
"well maybe now is a good time
to leave the room without him noticing?"

Am I really that bad at communication?
or is it just my body language
telling you I don't speak that
"uuuber hot stuff"?

What is it that triggers your
middle fingers to have sexual intercourse
with your ear lobes while making that
'Ohmagawd someone definitely farted!'-face?

Shall I just continue to threaten you
with the sharpest parts of my
shattered heart and pretend that
you really dig my writing?

Or shall I stop?
and assume that you
have no interest whatsoever
in this dashing, bold and beautiful
Cunning Linguist!
...
Okay, alright, fine,
Don't wet your pants I'll Stop!
...going to the Nightclub,
to recite love poems,
to drunk bar stars
with lower IQ's
than their self esteem!

No comments: